Re: Wallpaper & Icons on GNOME Desktop

2010/7/6 Jorge Fábregas <jorge fabregas gmail com>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm just curious: If you use Gnome Color Manager to create/use/load your ICC
> monitor profile... Will the GNOME  desktop itself  take into consideration the
> monitor profile so that I can render the icons & wallpaper accordingly?

Nope... Only specific applications are fully color managed (GIMP,
Inkscape, F-Spot, Darktable, UFRaw)...

Though a good display profile consist of two part:

- VideoLUT which is mostly white point correction and gamma correction
- XYZ Matrix which is color correction

The VideoLUT is applied by the video driver, so everything benefits from this...

The XYZ Matrix is only used by color managed applications which are
properly configured...

For example GIMP has this disabled by default, it can easily be
enabled from it's Preferences.

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn