Re: Profiling an Epson R2880

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedro pedrocr net> wrote:
> I've been trying to get decent color out of my Epson R2880 when
> printing with a specific paper. I'm using Gutenprint and the developer
> has told me the only real solution is to profile the printer. I was
> looking at this:
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/hughsie/2009/12/16/advances-of-freedom/
>
> and wondering how close we are from being able to use one of these
> targets to profile a normal scanner and then print out the same target
> with the printer and profile the printer.

Actually, ArgyllCMS (which GCM uses as a backend) can do this for a
while now... However it's not recommended... It's inherently quite
inaccurate...

Buying a emissive photospectrometer is the only real option to get
spot-on accuracy...

These are pricy gadgets, so there are some online profiling services:

  http://www.christophe-metairie-photographie.com/profile.html

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn