Re: Make default - what is it supposed to do?

Alexandre Prokoudine píše v Út 23. 02. 2010 v 00:11 +0300:
> On 2/22/10, Milan Knížek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > what is the expected behaviour of "Make Default" button in gcm-prefs?
>
> http://www.libregraphicsworld.org/articles.php?article_id=11
>
> "To make your preferences available to all users of a system you can
> use the Make Default button in the bottom of the dialog. What it will
> do is ask for superuser password and copy all the active display
> profiles to a system-wide directory (/var/lib/color) where the new
> filename matches the device-id. So when a new user logs in, if there
> is no device-profiles entry for the device, the system-wide profile is
> used."

Then it seems to be a bug - on two computers (same system though -
Ubuntu 9.10 amd64) the directory /var/lib/color exists, but it remains
empty. Authorisation seems to be okay, I also tried to run with sudo and
as root in console - no success, just the error message:

Content type was incorrect: application/octet-stream

regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - About linux and photography (Czech