Re: Using GSettings

On 28 April 2010 11:20, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> First, won't this be an issue for RHEL6 as well? It will be for Ubuntu Lucid...

As far as I know, gnome-color-manager isn't going to be included in el6.

> Introducing bleeding edge dependencies means doing testing on git
> master will be much harder, which may decrease the amount of user
> feedback you'll get...

Sure. At the moment it seems a little _too_ bleeding edge, although
I'm going to have to convert to GSettings at some point for the GNOME
3 tasks. I'm also pretty sure that pushing git master out on distros
is probably a bad idea, and distros should stick to gnome-2-28.

I guess the same argument is happening right now on other mailing
lists. At some point we have to start testing GSettings rather than
testing the other new shiny stuff.

Richard.