Re: HP Printer/Scanner All-in-one not recognized via JetDirect (ethernet)

2009/11/10 Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl>:
> I have a HP Photosmart C6280 (all-in-one), which is connected via HP
> JetDirect (Ethernet).
> Currently it is not being detected by GNOME Color Manager, while I can
> print, and XSane does recognize the scanner...
> I'm assuming this is because currently only USB connected devices are
> checked?

Correct. How does xsane recognise the scanner? At the moment we're
just checking USB printers that use hplip and scanners that are
matched with libsane. If you can work out how to identify the device
using a property in udev, then it's an easy add. I'm not sure how the
ethernet printing and scanning stuff actually works right now. Thanks.

Richard.