Re: Calculator Advanced Mode Engineering Conversions

On 06/07/18 15:14, Robert Sandell via gcalctool-list wrote:
Hi All,

Sure, sometimes you get an answer expressed for example in something like Henries or Seconds, but it is only meaningful in micro Henries or nano Seconds.

Having the automatic conversion is a great way to get the answer expressed in a meaningful way without making mistakes in the conversion if typing the conversion the easy/lazy way like "/1000000" (where is easy to miss a zero), although of course there is the less time saving way of having to type something like "*10^(-6)" where it is more difficult to make a mistake.

I also know that sometimes people who are new to the scientific units like enthusiasts or makers might get a bit confused between all the unit scales, and having them explicitly included is a great way to help reduce the learning curve.

All the best,
Robert