Re: Danger: older bugs are getting squashed with NEEDINFO

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> We are sorry on *not* having communicated with the rest of GNOME about
> this change, but we believed that all developers subscribed to bugs.
> We would very much like to know which other mailing lists we should add
> on.

The only mailing list that I ever assume GNOME developers are on is
desktop-devel-list.

When you say "subscribed to bugs", I can only assume you mean the
gnome-bugsquad gnome org list which appears in the CC here.  I have
never heard of this mailing list until now.  Is this something I
should be subscribed to?

About the change...

I usually don't mark a bug CONFIRMED until a developer has confirmed
it, and sometimes things slip through the cracks.  This is especially
the case with Enhancement bugs, because I only mark such bugs
CONFIRMED if I intend to implement them in the short-term.  Setting
them to NEEDINFO seems a little awkward.  NEEDINFO bugs tend to
disappear from a lot of searches, but I guess with this change I'll
need to start actively keeping an eye on that category.

I'm not too freaked out about it, but at the same time I'm not sure
how the change helps the bugsquad in the case of my modules.

Sandy