Re: GStreamer per component virtual users

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 9:58 PM, Andre Klapper<ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 07.06.2009, 21:22 +0200 schrieb Filippo Argiolas:
>> On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Andre Klapper<ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
>> > If you want to use both Assignee *and* QA address for watching those
>> > "users" you will lose watching when someone assigns a bug yo himselves
>> > (and hence removes the default assignee from the bug).
>>
>> Well I could say that this would be the expected behavior: if someone
>> assigns a bug to himself he's going to take care of it until it's
>> resolved so there is no reason for the others to keep watching it and
>> they can just CC themselves if still interested.

Hey, I'm back, I had a bunch of exams (and still have some next week
:-() and completely forgot about this thing :-P

> I disagree.
> I want to watch a bug from when I decided to subscribe until its end. I
> don't want to manually CC again just because someone starts working on
> it. Without this manual CC'ing I would never receive an email when it
> gets fixed.

Ok, I'm sorry then, I didn't have a clear idea about our bugzilla
setup and how bugzilla actually worked.
Anyway I'd still say that if I'm watching a whole product and someone
assigns a bug to himself I would be fine to not receive any more mail
from that bug since someone else is caring about it.
It's not like you decided to watch a bug and you get unsubscribed,
there's CC for that, we're talking about watching a whole product and
not getting notifications for assigned bugs.

> Gstreamer: So either everything remains as it is, or virtual users are
> created for each component and set as default QA contact, and every real
> person has to add all those virtual users to their watchlist if
> interested in watching the entire Gstreamer product.

I finally managed to come up with some good filtering with gmail, I
don't have disk space requirements and I can easily ignore bugs I
don't care labelling them by product name. So I'm fine to leave
everything as it is now, if any other gstreamer hacker will feel the
need for this change I guess we'll bring this up again.

Thanks for making everything more clear and sorry for the noise!

Ciao,

Filippo