Re: requesting permission to give editing permission

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 4:37 PM, Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> Le lundi 09 février 2009, à 16:57 -0600, Gabriel Burt a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the process for getting permission to give others bug-editing
>> permission?  What are the requirements?
>>
>> I am a foundation member, svn account holder, module maintainer, etc.
>> Can I please get the ability to give permission to people so they can
>> help us out with triaging bugs?
>
> Simply having the person send a mail here or pinging ops in #bugs was
> the way to proceed to get bug-editing powers.
>
> No idea how to give you the power to give powers, but on the other hand,
> this is not especially needed since people have always been quite
> reactive there.

I'll admit they are more responsive than some other GNOME
infrastructure, but this doesn't mean it's good enough.  For example,
the other day I asked in #banshee for help triaging our bugs, offering
to walk people new to triaging through the process.  But instead of
being able to hop right into that, see that they were catching on and
doing a good job and giving them bug editing rights within a few
minutes, it took several hours.

I think the barrier to getting people bug editing rights should be
extremely low, lower than it is today.  In Banshee at least, we can
use all the competent triaging help we can get.  When people have the
inclination, time, and assistance to get started, there should be
nothing in their way.

Gabriel