Gimmie in GNOME Bugzilla.

Hi Alex,
hi bugsquad,

In the last 6 months we received 504 gimmie bug reports.
Gimmie bug 475020 has the highest number of dups of open bugs:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/duplicates.cgi?sortby=count&reverse=1&maxrows=100&changedsince=30&openonly=1
I don't see any active attempts to fix this instead of "waiting for
somebody passing by, having a clue what's going on".

To me, Gimmie is in fact unmaintained. Also see
http://groups.google.com/group/gimmie/browse_thread/thread/4e0f8088e08e59a6
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2008/06/11/incoming-gnome-bugs-and-some-rants/#comment-234

I'd like to close the Gimmie product for new bug reports and close the
existing bug reports as WONTFIX, so the Bugsquad will not waste more
time on triaging Gimmie bugs, and to also clarify to the bug reporters
that they cannot expect any further development to take place.
Mayanna is the project you want to use and file your bugs against, not
Gimmie.

Alex, are you fine with that?

Bugsquad: Any other comments, +1's or /me too's?

andre
--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed