Re: Not accepting GNOME 2.18 crash reports

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 08:03:20PM +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 11.03.2008, 18:50 +0100 schrieb Olav Vitters:
> > Currently Bug Buddy bugs are only accepted for GNOME 2.18 and newer. I
> > suggest to change this to 2.20. Meaning: don't accept anything older.
>
> i'm looking forward to this because especially fedora7 triggered lots
> of useless 2.18 reports.
> i propose to start rejecting 2.18 reports on april 9 (2.22.1 release
> date), but there isn't any reason for this - definitely feel free to
> ignore. :-)

I'll do so :-)

> do we display anything to the user who tries to submit a report from
> 2.16?

Ehr, I've changed that to 'please_try_with_newer_gnome'.. but bug-buddy
won't catch that... especially as that was released. Forgot to have
something like that added to 2.22 (until too late).

> i'd feel much better if bug-buddy presented a friendly "too old, nobody
> interested and nobody working on it anymore; complain to your distro
> instead" hint to the "blocked" reporter instead of a cryptic "995 too
> old" error string or whatever i remember about this topic...

Does it really matter? Yes, would be nice.. but ideally I want the whole
method to be different.. Bugzilla 3.0+.. require user/password for that.
Otherwise crash.gnome.org for non-debug things. But I don't see that
happening any time soon.

--
Regards,
Olav