Re: How to create a clean GNOME room?

Am Samstag, den 16.02.2008, 07:56 -0800 schrieb Lloyd Budd:
> On Feb 8, 2008 11:33 AM, Lloyd Budd <foolswisdom gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > 2. Doing a tiny bit of digging finds me at
> > http://www.gnome.org/~aes/testing-gnome.html That seems like essential
> > information for doing a good job triaging GNOME bugs.
> >
> > Based on http://www.gnome.org/projects/garnome/deps-list.html , I
> > understand that there is no pure model GNOME distribution, and that
> > Ubuntu or Fedora are the recommended base distributions for using
> > GARNOME and reproducing and triaging bugs?
>
> It seems my questions may have been too lyrical, or caught you at a
> bad time with show stoppers being stopped, but I still eagerly await
> an answer.

whoops :)

> Someone wanting to set up a clean environment to triage bugs should do what?

you can build a clean GNOME by either using jhbuild[1] to build today's
codebase (really bleeding edge, you can always except something to be
broken) or GARNOME[2] to build the latest release (much easier and
approved to work) or for example use the gnome developer kit[3]
(requires vmware).

all three solutions are *parallel* to your current installation (at
least if you do not enter your distro directory prefix as build
directory ;-).

andre

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild
[2] http://www.gnome.org/projects/garnome/