From: Graham Binns <graham canonical com>
Date: Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: Request for beta testers: Bugzilla and Trac plugins
To: Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com>
Cc: Bjorn Tillenius <bjorn canonical com>, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko async com br>

2008/8/23 Andrew Conkling <andrew conkling gmail com>:
> Awesome stuff! I've actually not been doing much with my own projects as far
> as bugs (and using Launchpad when I do), but I'm rather curious about what
> this means for GNOME's Bugzilla. Would that be a Bugzilla-wide thing or
> would each GNOME project need to enable this? I'm a bit involved in GNOME's
> Bugsquad and quite involved in managing Banshee's bugs on GNOME's Bugzilla,
> so I'd really like to see this get used for one or both of those.

The plugin is installed per-Bugzilla instance. Since
bugzilla.gnome.org is all one Bugzilla instance, the plugin would work
for all the projects whose bugs are hosted in it.

Unfortunately the plugin is written for Bugzilla 3.0 and above
(Bugzilla < 3.0 doesn't have an XML-RPC interface, and the plugin
builds on that interface). bugzilla.gnome.org runs a customised
version of Bugzilla 2.x, IIRC, which means that the plugin can't be
installed on it at present. I believe that Jorge Castro, one of the
Canonical Community team, spoke to the bugzilla.gnome.org maintainer
at GUADEC this year and discussed this matter briefly, but I don't
know how things are going to proceed from here.

Hope this clarifies things a little. If you've got any questions feel
free to contact me or one of my colleagues (to whom I've copied this
mail). I'm on vacation for the next week, but I'll be happy to help
you after that. If you know anyone that I should talk to about the
situation with bugzilla.gnome.org, please let me know.