Re: how to debug a program when the session freezes

Rod Butcher wrote:
Many thanks Elijah and Andrew, I've got my stack trace comining out nicely on the virtual terminal. Now how do I save the output from the virtual terminal (say the last 500 lines) to a file ? I've always used my mouse to cut and paste before under X, but no mouse from the command line.
thanks
Rod

set logging file
set logging on

(gdb) file /opt/gnome2/bin/yelp
Reading symbols from /opt/gnome2/bin/yelp...done.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) set logging file ~/testgdb.txt
(gdb) set logging on
Copying output to /home/smitten/testgdb.txt.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /opt/gnome2/bin/yelp
[New Thread -1228228928 (LWP 8896)]
[New Thread -1237365840 (LWP 8899)]
[New Thread -1250473040 (LWP 8900)]

Program received signal SIG33, Real-time event 33.
[Switching to Thread -1250473040 (LWP 8900)]
0xffffe410 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) stop
(gdb) set logging off
Done logging to /home/smitten/testgdb.txt.
(gdb) quit
The program is running.  Exit anyway? (y or n) y

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>
IRC: smitten