Re: Showstopper reviews?

On 2/10/06, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-07-02 at 11:46 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> > Will you have time to do any more showstopper bug reviews?  If you
> > just don't have time, that's fine, I just want to know if we should
> > look for other volunteers.
>
> On second thought, things are going to get more busy (next week) before
> they get better (the week after).  It might help to have someone else do
> the next review.

Anyone want to volunteer to do some showstopper reviews?  We've been
slacking off this release cycle again...  I'd also like to get a
volunteer to write up a wiki page (probably under something under the
Bugsquad section) about how to write one up.  Also we really need more
than one person volunteering for these reviews so that we can get
these sent out every week or two.

Some past examples:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-February/msg00429.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-February/msg00356.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2005-September/msg00098.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2006-January/msg00132.html

Some general guidelines I'm thinking of at the moment (though I may
think of more once someone writes a wiki page):
  - It's probably good to have others review your list for comments
before sending off the email.  Maybe send it to gnome-bugsquad for
comments first?
  - If a previous email was sent out in the cycle, people like to know
of how things have changed since the previous list (including bugs
fixed)
  - People seem to like things organized by product
  - Include just a short (2-3 sentences at most) summary of the bug
  - Add info about current state (e.g. there's some patches, it's
being tackled, the developers need info from people who can reproduce,
it's blocking on another bug, etc.)
  - It's helpful to include a link that people can use to obtain the
most recent complete list