targetted bugsquad testing

As a Gnome supporter I've been thinking that I could be a more effective bug detector if developers announced what / when new features have been loaded up to cvs, so we out here in bugsquadland knew what to really hammer in our diverse environments. I regularly refresh my Gnome desktop from cvs, but it seems like a rather hit-or-miss process finding bugs or design errors with no info on what has been changed or added. A simple announcement like "we've added feature x to library y, it is used by apps a b c d in circumstances e f g" could really be a multiplier to bugsquad efficiency.
Rod
http://distributedcomputing.info - find out how to make your pc work for the community