Re: targetted bugsquad testing

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:02:09 +0100, Rod Butcher <rbutcher hyenainternet com> wrote:

As a Gnome supporter I've been thinking that I could be a more effective bug detector if developers announced what / when new features have been loaded up to cvs, so we out here in bugsquadland knew what to really hammer in our diverse environments.

Not sure how many of us actually do quality assurance by testing and squeezing cvs builds (besides of using it). To see what has changed you can examine the 'Changelog' file in each cvs checkout. Many projects have developer mailing lists where new
features are announced.
They also have wiki pages where you can find 'love tasks' and sometimes what needs
testing.