Re: Attempt to Triage Bug 329386

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 09:19 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:

> Yes, that looks right.  Note that I'm the maverick bugsquad guy (in
> this area at least) that thinks unconfirmed vs. new & small
> priority/severity changes are kinda useless (at best) and I don't
> bother making these changes in most cases unless there's other stuff
> that needs to be changed too.  So, I'm not actually making the change,
> but I want to make sure you get a response that this does look like a
> correct triaging of the bug.
>
> Thanks for helping!
> Elijah

Hi,
Can you explain why you think the unconfirmed vs new change is useless?
Whenever I am triaging bugs I take unconfirmed to mean that no one has
looked at it, and new to mean that it has been looked at is on a todo
list.

I think being the reporter of a bug that remains unconfirmed is
especially frustrating as you're not sure if anyone has even looked at
your bug let alone working on it.
Lex.