Re: open office stack traces

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:03:22AM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> I have no idea what percentage of these are useful, unfortunately; I'd
> love feedback from those who have read them and marked them NOTGNOME
> if they've seen any patterns. So, couple questions for the assembled
> folks:

Same as Elijah, I mark them NOTGNOME as soon as I see it is an
OpenOffice crasher.

> * if they were useful, michael, dan, would you like us to keep them
> and/or shunt them somewhere?

I'd like to either reject them outright (before the bug is even
created), or have OpenOffice.org use the halloween scripts and forward
the emails to them (like currently done for Evolution bug-buddy emails
emailed to Ximian).

> * if they aren't useful, should we figure out a way to pattern match
> them and resolve them automatically? It seems like this might be
> useful for other patterns as well, though my brain is hosed enough
> right ATM that I can't think of any offhand.

Halloween currently has matches for product/component. I'd like to add
a detection of the crashed program to that and allow someone to
configure to either:
 * Do nothing
 * Move the bug into another product/component (with warning)
 * Reject it it with a custom error message
(forwarding could be done in procmail; before Halloween)

--
Regards,
Olav