Re: bugzilla: is "Version: cvs" useful? What about Version/GNOME Version?

Le mardi 26 juillet 2005 à 11:10 -0600, Elijah Newren a écrit :

> It means cvs as of the time that the reporter filed it (or, okay,
> could mean cvs as of when someone updated it when they changed the
> version as I've done a few times).  Right?

What is the interest of this granularity? At the moment I use nautilus
2.11.90, I'll open a bug a bug as 2.11.x, somebody using 2.11.0 will use
the same version. You don't have a difference between these 2 versions,
but you want to differenciate 2.9.90 from the cvs? Usually people also
use the comment to specify is they use a jhbuild, a distro, what
version, ...

> Isn't this the same problem with reporters marking bugs with 2.6.x and
> not updating it later to say that "this still happens with 2.7.x",
> "still happens with 2.8.x", etc.?

No. Sometime I decide to search for nautilus 2.6.x bugs to update these
bugs by example. By doing this you know than 2.6.x bugs need an update
(either be closed or update to 2.11.x) ... what information do you have
by doing a query on "cvs"? You will get GNOME 1 bugs as well as GNOME
2.11 bugs.

> Maybe, with nasty further customizations of bugzilla and diligent work
> to keep the information updated.

Right, maybe this one is not to change.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher