Re: keyword proposal for bugs blocked by a freeze

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Luis Villa wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 09:43 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Sounds useful.
> > I think that this keyword should be considered only when a bug has a
> > PATCH ready to be committed.
>
> Yeah. I was thinking that somehow we could incorporate patch into the
> name, for just that reason. PATCH_FROZEN or something? Dunno. We should
> definitely get something like this in place soon, though- maybe if we
> don't figure out something better by tomorrow, we go ahead and use
> BLOCKED_BY_FREEZE?

The only think I can come up with that sounds reasonable to me is
PATCH_BLOCKED_BY_FREEZE, but that just seems too long.  How about just
modifying the description slightly, that is:

Keyword name: BLOCKED_BY_FREEZE
Keyword description: This keyword should be used for bugs for which
    action can be taken by the maintainer once feature/ui/string/code
    freeze is removed, but for which all further actions are blocked
    until that time.  Should be reserved for bugs containing a patch
    that is ready to be committed.

Elijah

Elijah Newren
Internet: http://www.math.utah.edu/~newren   newren math utah edu
Tired of pop-up webpages when surfing the internet?  Look at
   http://www.math.utah.edu/~newren/noPopUps.html
for how to get rid of them without spending a penny.