Re: xml-rpc

Luis Villa wrote:
Well, right, but... the reality is we have quite harvestable pages
already. Given the large number of emails available in open bugzillae
around the world (b.g.o and b.m.o alone are probably 100K email
addresses) I'd be shocked if these addresses aren't all already
harvested. :/

I'd be shocked if any of the 100K addresses were *not* targeted
by spammers even without the bugzilla appearence.

Spam is not stoppable with todays home system security (and thanks go
to where everyone knows), it can only be filtered out.

Considering all these points, I don't see a reason to be overly paranoid
with distributing email addresses on the net. My address has been
thrown all over the net since '98, and my mailbox consists from three
different mail addresses. I get somewhere around 10-50 spam messages
a day. It's a non-issue since I use thunderbird (and have a broadband
connection).

Spam is annoying, but it doesn't have to be more than that.

--
Kalle "waiting for decent and enforced anti-spam-laws" Vahlman
zuh iki fi