Re: Bugzilla page titles

On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 11:06, Elijah P Newren wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 11:50, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > Hi, bugmeisters,
> >
> > Would it be horribly difficult to make Bugzilla set page titles to the
> > bug's summary line?  Right now it uses "Bug NNNNN: GNOME Bugzilla",
> > which is not very useful when you want to bookmark things.
>
> I wouldn't mind a change to "Bug NNNNN: <Summary>", however I would not
> want the NNNNNN part to be removed (and I don't know whether the NNNNNN
> would be bad UI without the word "Bug" in front of it).  I use the
> number a lot when triaging since I tend to have several bugs and
> possibly multiple searches going simultaneously (bugzilla is really slow
> at loading things, so I compensate by trying to work on several bugs at
> once which--this allows one bug to load while I read another).

When we upgrade, we get this for free. Bugzilla 2.16.x and 2.17.x
display "Bug NNNN: Summary..." as the page title. We may wish to change
this to make it "GNOME Bug NNN: Summary...", which is a trivial change
in a template. I have bookmarked bugs from multiple bugzillas and
keeping the GNOME and Ximian ones separate is a pain because they use
older bugzilla installations; whereas all my work ones have the company
name in the title.

Malcolm