Re: imlib unmaintained?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:25:44PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 19:23, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Le 24 Oct 2002 19:10:33 -0400, David Kennedy a ecrit :
> >
> > > It looks like imlib1 has been replaced with gdk-pixbuf - the last
> > > development on imlib was about a year ago - should I close its bugs
> > > (there are only 11) with a "sorry, not maintained, use gdk-pixbuf"
> > > message?
> >
> > There was a previous discussion on what to do with unmaintained
> > projects. John pointed out that simply closing bugs of these projects
> > would prevent people from using them if someone decides to continue the
> > project.
> >
> > I liked Luis' idea: marking these bugs as UNMAINTAINED (new state).
>
> Yeah. It's just unclear in this case if the project is actually
> unmaintained or not :) Anyone here know or do I have to ask g-h?
> Luis

Mark Crichton (mmarker on IRC, macricht in CVS, I think) used to
maintain it (12 months ago) and took some pride in having it down to
zero or so bugs for a long time. He was needing it for an embedded
project. I don't know what Mark is doing these days (PhD and chemistry
are keywords, though).  He would be the person to talk to.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.