Re: bug_squad

cc'ing the more appropriate list.
On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 15:24, Dave Fallon wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 03:10:40PM -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-09-16 at 21:17, Dave Fallon wrote:
> >
> > > While admittedly I suck for bringing this up late, what happened to the
> > >  UNCONFIRMED -> NEW = not triaged -> TRIAGED option?
> >
> > Nothing, it just doesn't help us with the zillions of bugs already
> > there, and doesn't help us with bugs filed by people who have enough
>

> this can be solved by resetting the bugs in all/appropriate components.
>  I.e., pick some number of components (or one, if it's nautilus. :)),
>  then setting the status of those bugs to unconfirmed again through
>  some sql hackery.

And then re-reading all of them again to figure out the good v. the bad?
That may be something we have to swallow, but it's not a fun one.

> > permissions to do triage work (like most maintainers) who would file
> > bugs that are effectively untriaged, but would get the bugs marked NEW
> > by default.
>
> This one I don't get - the issue is people with sufficient permissions
>  automatically submit their bugs as "new", thus breaking the
>  unconfirmed -> not triaged process? If I'm understanding the problem,
>  I can fix this in the code.

This would mean that (effectively) many maintainers would have to mark
their own bugs twice in order to seem them in useful queries. That's not
really going to be the most popular approach.

> > My next big thing is to finish the 2.16 port- is there anything I should
> > know about your plans or any place to look for what you've already
> > written down once I've finished the bug stuff and am ready to take it
> > live?
>

> Yay! Welcome back, hope the trip was awesome. I was just thinking "hrm,
>  wonder when he's back", and here you are. The big thing that I should
>  do is updated the codebase to 2.16.1, which I can do this weekend. I
>  should sit down and run through things again -

That would be great.

>  I think the only piece  left was the code to get bugbuddy bugs
>  correctly coming in, and I  can't remember where you left that.

I left that at 'putting it off until after I get back.' :/ I'm looking
at the code right now. The code we use at Ximian will be easy to make
/run/... the only problem is that we've changed the DB format enough
that I need to verify/modify the SQL used quite a bit, probably. I'll
try to tackle that before I leave the office (just the SQL correction,
not the installation/setup yet) and see where we are.

> I'll try to go through everything tonight and give you a better report
>  of things.

That would rule. I was afraid that with 'employment' we'd mostly lost
you completely :)