Re: bugsquad guidelines

lør, 2002-11-02 kl. 16:00 skrev Andrew Sobala:

> I've attached some quick guidelines I just wrote. They really need
> input, someone to flesh them out so they're readable, corrections, and
> bits that I missed, but as a starting point they're probably OK.

Just one comment to clear up stuff.

> -- If you think it's triaged correctly, add bugsquad. If you are
>doubtful, Cc+=you, say you've attempted to triage it, and watch for
>someone else to add bugsquad and what other changes they make. If you >
add a comment they may even explain why they think what they think.
> -- #FIXME: I18N, L11N: What's the difference?

I18N is the stuff that makes the app properly internationalized. So,
unmarked strings, missing #include <config.h>, stuff only working in
some locales, UTF-8 conversion problems etc fall into this category.

L10N is the localization part. Changing existing strings and probably
everything that makes a difference for the translator falls into this
category.

Of course, there is some overlap between the two, but the above should
suffice to mark the difference. Marking strings for translation
definitely has an impact on the work of the translators for example.

Cheers
Kjartan