Re: the bug team and gnome2.2

Le Mardi 27 août 2002, a 20:33, John Fleck a ecrit :
> On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 15:10, Luis Villa wrote:
> > So... as some of you may have heard, I'm still going to be doing gnome
> > bugs for GNOME2.2. I might not be doing that after GNOME2.2, though[1].
> > And frankly I spend too many hours doing this already. :) So... that
> > means the bug team needs to think a bit about organization and the
> > future. Really, it means we need to be a team :)
> >

> Cool. Glad you'll keep driving this bus at least as far as 2.2.
>
> Let me suggest that "be a team" may require a name, a slightly more
> formal organization (which is in a sense what you're suggesting below)
> and, most importantly, pep rallies and matching T-shirts (or at least
> socks with nice logos).

In fact, I think socks with nice logos are more important than T-shirts.
I already have lots of nice T-shirts, but only a few really nice socks.
Of course, the best solution is to have T-shirts and socks.

> My experience with the GDP is that being part of the "GNOME
> Documentation Project", rather than being one of "a bunch of people what
> work on GNOME docs" carries some intangible weight and value for
> participants. Although we don't, sadly, have T-shirts or socks with nice
> logos.
>
> A more formal organization would make it easier to assign specific roles
> and responsibilities.

That's a good point.

I like the comparison with the GDP. How well did it work before its
formation ? Did new people come in when it became a 'formal
organization' ?

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.