Re: the bug team and gnome2.2

Le Mardi 27 août 2002, a 19:15, Luis Villa a ecrit :
> On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 19:03, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Le 27 Aug 2002 17:10:32 -0400, Luis Villa a ecrit :
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > *just as each package has a maintainer, each package should have a QA
> > > person, or a QA team, much like nautilus (at least theoretically) has
> > > ATM. Yaneti is the Galeon Guy, Kjartan is the GNOME1.4 core guy... we
> > > need more guys (and gals!) who can identify with and claim their own
> > > QA apps and build a relationship with the code maintainers.
> >
> > I totally agree. If a package is in bugzilla, but nobody regularly looks
> > at its bugs, it's quite useless to use bugzilla. Maintainers of a
> > package which is in bugzilla should be asked if they really use it. If
> > they do so, they can tell us if there's a QA guy for the package. And if
> > they don't really use bugzilla, well, there's no need to accept new bugs
> > for that package.
>
> I didn't so much mean 'they need to provide a QA person.' I meant more
> 'we need to find QA people and go to maintainers and say 'BTW, this
> person would like to help you with QA.'' As it stands, virtually every
> core module has a QA person- when it all comes down to it, me. I'd like
> you, Vincent, or others, to say 'I'll take app X' and then focus on app
> X, cleaning it up completely and dealing with all the new bugs that come
> in. That is not the maintainer's problem- it should be our problem. [Of
> course, if maintainers don't do anything once it is cleaned up... that's
> a different problem.]

In fact, I just wanted to say that if a maintainer don't use bugzilla
and there is no QA guy for the package, then, maybe, the maintainer and
the bug team should wonder if that package needs to be in bugzilla.

That's not exactly what I wrote, but that's what I thought.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.