From: Fabián Arias <fabian gnome cl>
Date: 08/11/2007 02:18
Subject: [gugmasters] Oportunity for GNOME event in Chile, 2008
To: gugmasters-list gnome org

Hi,

The main event in Chile related to FLOSS is the "Encuentro Nacional
Linux", which in its 9th edition will be hosted at the Universidad de
Concepción, in the south of Chile next year.

Being part of the organization commitee, and our close relation to
GNOME Chile, one of the goals of the organization is to create a track
related to GNOME. For this we have in mind to bring to Chile some cool
rock stars from the project, for wich Pedro Villavicencio (one of our
local rock stars) is in Cambridge at the UDS trying to convince
Vincent Untz to come here and enjoy the chilean wine, same thing with
André Klapper, a good friend of GNOME Chile ;)

The conference is planned for October 22 - 25, 2008. So there is still
time to coordinate the efforts between other south american gug's.
This related to Diego Escalante proposal in the Marketing-list about
promoting events in South America and sharing the speakers between
sync'ed conferences, it would be the time to demonstrate the
posibility of make Diego's idea come true and sum up efforts between
Southamerican communities.

It would be nice to hear your opinion.

Saludos,

Fabián Arias