box "lost" after removing installation image?

Folks;

I installed Boxes mainly in need to run Windows 8 on my Linux laptop
without rebooting. Generally, Boxes does that _pretty_ good, far better
than I expected and actually it seems even a bit better than
VirtualBox, however I saw one thing that did surprise me:

I created a new box for the Windows 8 installation ISO on my device.
Installation went well, box worked well afterwards. However, at some
point I deleted the installation ISO (as my SSD was growing full), just
to see the Windows 8 box obviously was gone too.

This seems to happen all the time: Whenever I install a box off an iso,
the box is obviously removed or at least not reachable with Boxes UI
anymore as soon as the iso image is deleted.

Is this an intended behaviour? Any way to work around and/or change
this? It surely does feel a bit strange...

Running Boxes 3.20.2 on antergos/arch.

Best,
Kristian