Re: Express Installation for Live medias

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano fidencio org> wrote:
Hi Zeeshan,

The main reasons being:

1. The OSs we have so far seen express installation supported for,
either don't have live medias (windows) or have both installer and
live media so we give express install option for installer variant of
the media (Fedora).

Yeah. I'd like to see the express installation for both cases, but it's just
my humble opinion.

2. To launch and create a VM as quickly as possible for live case.

What is Boxes doing special for live medias to "launch and create a VM as
quickly as possible"?
What does it mean? One page less in the box creating wizard?

Because the use case of 'live' is trying out/testing an OS/image,
'quickly' is just implied there. Unless you choose to install the OS
during the live session, the VM is also temporary since you not
installing during the live session very likely means you didn't like
it or got what you needed from the session. Besides keeping the VM
creation quick means that automatic deletion isn't really an issue if
user didn't want Boxes to automatically delete the VM on shutdown.

Does Jakub agree to have express installations for live medias?

I don't know/remember. You'll have to ask him (don't think he is on this list).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124