Re: Express Installation for Live medias

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio <fabiano fidencio org> wrote:
Hey Guys!

Hi Fabiano,

I've been looking around in Boxes' code and I found out Boxes doesn't
support express-installations for Live medias. Is there a good reason for
that?

The main reasons being:

1. The OSs we have so far seen express installation supported for,
either don't have live medias (windows) or have both installer and
live media so we give express install option for installer variant of
the media (Fedora).

2. To launch and create a VM as quickly as possible for live case.

Is that some limitation on Fedora side? I'm asking basically for one
big reason: and about Ubuntu?

I don't think Ubuntu provides an ISOs besides the Live one and I think we
would like to support them.

Sure. It actually provides both so I think you just need to override
this boolean property from InstallerMedia:

    public virtual bool live { get { return os_media == null ||
os_media.live; } }

 in UnattendedInstaller:

    public override bool live { get { return !os_media.installer; } }

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124