Re: jhbuild installation problem

Hey,

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 12:27:35AM +0530, Nikhil Siddhartha wrote:
Hi, thanks for your help. I tried installing gnome-boxes with no-deps. And
this is the error output I have stumbled upon:

checking for HARFBUZZ... yes
checking for FONTCONFIG... yes
checking for FREETYPE... no
no
checking for CoreText availability... no
checking for CAIRO... no
no
configure: error: *** Could not enable any backends.
*** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.
*** Error during phase configure of pango: ########## Error running
./autogen.sh --prefix /home/nikhilsid/work/2013/gsoc/opt/gnome --libdir
'/home/nikhilsid/work/2013/gsoc/opt/gnome/lib'  --disable-static
--disable-gtk-doc  *** [12/46]

I have installed libfreetype6, libfreetype6-dev, libcairo*

It seems like a common problem, but I coudn't find a working solution on
the net.

Do *not* use jhbuild bootstrap
After seeing the config.log of this failed configure attempt, Nikhil's
system was using a pkg-config built through jhbuild during bootstrapping,
and this pkg-config does not look in /usr/lib/pkg-config/ for .pc files,
which means all the packages installed through apt/dpkg could not be used.

Christophe