Re: Where is the documentation?

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 2:42 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb znmeb net> wrote:
> I just installed a pre-beta Fedora 18 with GNOME Boxes. I can create a
> virtual machine with it, but there is no documentation I can find.

This is something we really want to add but just haven't gotten around
to doing. We are a bit low on resources keeping in mind all the
important things we still need to do to make Boxes as awesome as we'd
want it to be.

If you could help in this regard, that would be awesome! Pretty sure
we can help you along on that task. Please do come to our IRC channel
and ask questions. We'll do our best to answer all your questions and
help you out. Please keep in mind though that right now its a weekend
and next week we'll be busy with KVM forum so don't mind if we take
too long to reply.

> a. I have absolutely no idea where GNOME Boxes is storing virtual disk
> images on my machine, and

That is something we don't want user to know because an 'image' is a
detail that user should not have to even know about. We do have every
intention to implement export/import of boxes, which is what you
usually want to do with images.

If you want to do some advanced stuff, our images are kept as libvirt
volumes under the 'gnome-boxes' pool. Please read under "VOLUME
COMMANDS" in virsh manpage.

> b. I have no idea how to change the memory size in a GNOME Boxes machine.

Granted that will be where documentation will help you but world is
not lost. We can always tell you if you can't figure out on your own:

Although we have fixed this in development version, currently you can
only do so when you have the VM running in the foreground by hitting
the properties button on the top right. You can also do so just before
creating the VM by hitting the 'Customize' button in the wizard.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124