Re: jhbuild

On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 02:56:07PM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau redhat com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 12:35:17AM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
> >> Wouldn't that also ignore libosinfo dep? It will still be pulled by
> >> Boxes but jhbuild might build that *after* tracker and then you don't
> >> get the ISO extractor.
> >
> > This is quite possible, I haven't checked. On the other hand, getting the
> > iso extractor to be used requires a bit of magic,
>
> What kind of magic?

Making sure tracker isn't running, then remembering to run 'jhbuild run
dbus-launch gnome-boxes' or something like this

> >so it's probably not a
> > big deal for people who favour faster builds.
>
> I wouldn't want anyone to go through the pain of finding and selecting
> the ISO through file chooser dialog..

Of course, but that's better than nothing... And anyway building like this
is not the default, tracker should be built correctly when jhbuild is rerun
to get updates, ... so I don't think it's worth worrying too much about
this :) If people complain about build times, there's a known workaround
with caveats, we can leave it there imo.

Christophe