Re: Changing applet position on the main panel

Hi Phil,

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 11:30 +1000, Phil Rhoades wrote:
> I quite frequently want to change the positions of applets on the main
> panel - eg put them into alphabetical order or some other arbitrary
> order - is this possible? - I couldn't find any way to do it . .

Do you mean the things like the window switcher, the volume control and
the calendar on the panel or the order of menu items in the main menu on
the panel?

If the former, then you can drag them around using the middle mouse
button, or right-clicking and choosing "Move". The applets may be locked
by default, if so you can unlock them by right-clicking and un-ticking
"Lock To Panel".

If the latter, then you can edit the menus by right-clicking on the menu
on the panel and choosing "Edit Menus", or by firing up the menu editor
manually (it is usually in Applications > Accessories or System >
Preferences, but AFAIK this is different per-distro and version of
GNOME).

/Mike

--
Michael Gratton is hip to your jive.