Re: GNOME.conf.au stuff

<quote who="Stewart Smith">

> On Tue, 2003-11-25 at 21:17, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Thanks for joining, we now have about 25 people on the list, which is really
> > very cool. It was only announced to gnome-announce-list, marketing-list,
> > linux-aus and slug (and perhaps forwarded to other user groups). Rocking!
>
> Maybe bugging developer magazines could work, even mainstream press?
> They seem to be into OSS things atm. Both Con Z and Tridge were in the
> Next section of The Age today!

Already onto it. ;-) ZDNet will have an article soonish. Haven't bothered
with the papers yet, maybe they'll be interested in the Sun/Telstra/China
line.

> >   Intro - Probably me wearing a dress or something like that.
>
> no pants, right?

Implied! ;-)

> >   James Henstridge - Not sure yet, almost certainly something to do with
> >     Python, GNOME, libglade, those kinds of things. Perhaps he'll do a tute,
> >     I haven't nagged him enough yet.
>
> maybe a hack-item could be a glade-python integration gui (i.e. rip off
> glade and anjuta or something). i.e. come out of the conf with a
> better-than-VB3 product.

That'd be pretty sweet. Kinda big though. ;-)

> >   Jeff Waugh - Dunno yet, I might just hand wave and do the intro or
> >     something.
>
> maybe some notes on general direction, how the releases/management stuff
> has gone, ui related things?

I guess. Having trouble differentiating between that and my main talk
though. ;-)

> Even a "remember that nice GUI apps still need decent data structures and
> algorithms to scale and perform well" session could be interesting - or a
> useful reminder for those people who don't try their apps with 10,000
> times more data than intended :)

Heh. "How we fought Nautilus and won." ... ;-)

- Jeff

   "People keep asking me why we aren't married, and he says, 'Every time
   I am about to ask you, you do something annoying'." - Kate Beckinsale