ANNOUNCE: gob2 2.0.19 the "as the years go by" release

EKIFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJIMBLOOOOOOOOOOO

Perfection can always be improved: Time for a new gob version.  Like good
wine, preprocessors just get better with age.

Wait, you are not using vala yet?  It's funny that when I started with gob,
everybody was worried I wanted to create something like what vala is today.
So I kept it minimalist.  Actually I think originally I was planning for
something like vala, but got dissuaded.  And it seemed too much work to put
into an idea everybody seemed to hate at the time.  Oh how times change.  No
really, probably you want vala.  Especially unless someone steps up to
maintain gob better than I do, and make more timely fixes and releases than
once every 2 years or so.  Oh by the way, I have no clue how this works with
the whole 3.0 thing, that's too new to me, I'm still on GTK+2 with what I'm
doing.

So what is this gob thing?  Well besides being the cure for cancer, it also
generates GObjects (or GTK+ objects).  GOB2 is a replacement for the version
1 GOB, that was for GTK+ 1.x mostly.  GOB2 can handle pretty much most of the
GObject features.  At least most of the ones that anyone will ever use.  It
only requires GLib 2.0 (or higher for some features) and can generate
arbitrary GObjects.  You can have both versions installed at the same time if
you wish, but if anyone is still using gob version 1 and GTK+ 1.x, they
should get their head examined.

Here are the news in 2.0.19:

    * Print unreftors and destructors before calling parent finalize and
      dispose as is the proper ordering (thanks to Dmitri Toubelis)
    * do not output #line 0 statements (patch from Nick Bowler)
    * Fix empty file separator (thanks to H.-J. Schnitzer)

ftp://ftp.5z.com/pub/gob/
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gob2/2.0/
http://www.5z.com/jirka/gob.html

Note: specfile is included, but not tried for many years.  Try it with
"rpmbuild -ta gob2-...-tar.gz"

Have fun,

Jiri (George)

--