ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.7.12 (snapshot)
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <emmanuele bassi intel com>
- To: clutter-announce clutter-project org
- Cc: gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Clutter 1.7.12 (snapshot)
- Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 23:28:42 +0100
Good news, everyone!
A new Clutter snapshot is now available at:
Additionally, a git clone of the source tree:
git clone git://git.gnome.org/clutter
will include a signed 1.7.12 tag which points to a commit named:
which can be verified with:
git verify-tag 1.7.12
and can be checked out with a command such as:
git checkout -b build 1.7.12
Clutter is a library for creating compelling, dynamic and portable graphical
user interfaces. Clutter is released under the terms of the GNU Lesser
General Public License, version 2.1 or (at your option) later.
Clutter depends on:
GLib ≥ 2.26.0
JSON-GLib ≥ 0.12.0
Cairo ≥ 1.10
Pango ≥ 1.20
Atk ≥ 1.17
OpenGL ≥ 1.3 (or 1.2 + multi-texturing), OpenGL|ES 1.1 or 2.0
GLX, WGL, Quartz, or an EGL implementation
Clutter also has platform-specific dependencies; for more information, see
the README file included in the release.
- This is an unstable snapshot of Clutter; there are no compatibility
guarantees for API added during a development cycle.
- We have entered the "slushy API" period: API that has been added
during the current development cycle should be considered basically
frozen, unless major issues arise between this release and the first
- This version is API and ABI compatible with the current stable
release of Clutter.
- Installing the contents of this release will overwrite the files
from the installation of the current release of Clutter.
- Bugs should be reported on the Clutter Bugzilla product, at:
• List of changes since Clutter 1.7.10
- Reload the font caches on X11 when the user installs a new font
Whenever the user installs a new font inside one of the directories that
ware being watched by a session daemon, or changes the fontconfig
configuration, the toolkits using FontConfig (either directly or indirectly
e.g. through Pango, like Clutter) should listen to the Fontconfig/Timestamp
XSETTINGS key and release all the font configuration caches. This allows
selecting the newly installed fonts without requiring the user to restart
- Allow using "font-description" as a ClutterScript alias for "font-name"
ClutterText:font-description allows passing a PangoFontDescription
directly to a ClutterText; when defining a ClutterText instance inside a
ClutterScript file, :font-description should be an alias for :font-name,
which takes a string and converts it to a PangoFontDescription.
- Make sure that LayoutManager subclasses take the allocation origin
into account when allocating the children
A LayoutManager should be resilient against allocations with an origin
not positioned at (0, 0); this allows actors using a layout manager
instance to munge the box and implement things like margin and padding
without the layout manager having knowledge of those concepts.
- Build fixes
Always link against libm when building Clutter (and its tests); don't
rely on libraries lower on the stack to do so.
- Documentation fixes
• List of bugs fixed since Clutter 1.7.10
#657529 - Build failure
Many thanks to:
Robert Bragg, Daniel Mustieles, Fran Dieguez, Kjartan Maraas
Have fun with Clutter!
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)
Registered Office: Pipers Way, Swindon SN3 1RJ
VAT No: 860 2173 47
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
] [Thread Prev