GTK+ 2.19.3 released
- From: Matthias Clasen <mclasen redhat com>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: GTK+ 2.19.3 released
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:27:35 -0500
GTK+ 2.19.3 is now available for download at:
This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.20.
* This is an unstable development release.
It has had only little testing and there are unfinished
features and plenty of bugs in this release. It should
definitively not be used in production.
* Installing this version will overwrite your existing
copy of GTK+ 2.18. If you have problems, you'll need
to reinstall GTK+ 2.18.
* GTK+ 2.20 will be source and binary compatible with
the GTK+ 2.18 series; however, the new API additions
are not yet finalized, so there may be incompatibilities
between this release and the final 2.20 release.
* Bugs should be reported to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.
What is GTK+
GTK+ is a multi-platform toolkit for creating graphical user
interfaces. Offering a complete set of widgets, GTK+ is suitable for
projects ranging from small one-off tools to complete application
GTK+ has been designed from the ground up to support a range of
languages, not only C/C++. Using GTK+ from languages such as Perl and
Python (especially in combination with the Glade GUI builder) provides
an effective method of rapid application development.
GTK+ is free software and part of the GNU Project. However, the
licensing terms for GTK+, the GNU LGPL, allow it to be used by all
developers, including those developing proprietary software, without
any license fees or royalties.
Where to get more information about GTK+
Information about GTK+ including links to documentation can be
An installation guide for GTK+ 2.x is found at:
GTK+ is a large project and relies on voluntary contributions.
We are actively searching for new contributors in various areas
and invite everyone to help project development.
If you are willing to participate, please subscribe to the project
mailing lists to offer your help and read over our list of vacant
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.19.2 to 2.19.3
- Deprecate widget flag macros
- Also deprecate the type macros
* GtkOffscreenWindow: A new toplevel container widget to manage
offscreen rendering of child widgets
* OS X:
- Memory leak fixes and other improvements
604901 Provide generic offscreen rendering container
597100 There is a misprint in the documentation...
598383 GtkWidget::state-changed signal should be documented
602284 Need a way to retrieve the preedit string in a GtkTextView
605090 Fix some compilation warnings
605199 Contradiction in the description of function...
606068 Setup libjpeg error handling earlier...
606230 gtk_combo_box_set_active_iter & unsetting the active item
606291 Fix some issues in "Migrating from GtkOptionMenu...
606434 prop-editor should support GdkColor
Thanks to all contributors:
January 11, 2010
] [Thread Prev