[ANNOUNCE] PyGTK 2.15.1 - unstable
- From: Gian Mario Tagliaretti <gianmt gnome org>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, PYGTK <pygtk daa com au>, Discussioni generali sul linguaggio Python <python lists python it>, python-announce-list python org
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] PyGTK 2.15.1 - unstable
- Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 00:29:34 +0200
A new unstable development release of the Python bindings
for GTK+ has been released.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
GTK+ is a toolkit for developing graphical applications that run on
systems such as Linux, Windows and MacOS X. It provides a comprehensive set
of GUI widgets, can display Unicode bidi text. It links into the Gnome
Accessibility Framework through the ATK library.
PyGTK provides a convenient wrapper for the GTK+ library for use in
Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GTK+ library itself PyGTK is licensed under the GNU LGPL, so is
suitable for use in both free software and proprietary applications. It
is already in use in many applications ranging from small single purpose
scripts up to large full features applications.
What's new since 2.15.0?
- (Add HSV support to gtk.gdk.Color objects)
- Add floating-point support to gtk.gdk.Color (Paul)
- Retire hand-written ChangeLog; autocreate from Git history (Paul)
- Fix conditional in docs/Makefile.am (Frederic Peters)
- Document that gtk.gdk.GC coordinates are not related to allocation (Paul)
- Make pygtk_boxed_unref_shared() also handle Py_None (Paul)
- Make gtk.MenuItem.set_submenu accept None (Paul)
- Don't run 'fixxref.py' if documentation is not built (Björn Lindqvist)
- Apply libtool 2.2 compatibility patch (Gian)
- Plug reference leak on main signal watch source (Paul)
- Add extra warning against accidental misuse of tree model columns (Paul)
- Wrap gtk.Border attributes and constructor (Mariano Suárez-Alvarez)
- Make gtk.gdk.Event.time accept 'long' in assignments (Paul)
- Wrap gtk.RcStyle attributes (Paul)
PyGTK requires GTK+ >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
Bug reports, as always, should go to Bugzilla; check out
http://pygtk.org/developer.html and http://pygtk.org/feedback.html for
links to posting and querying bug reports for PyGTK.
Gian Mario Tagliaretti
GNOME Foundation member
gianmt gnome org
] [Thread Prev