metacity 2.23.377

Here is the reason why we're releasing a day or so after the last one
with almost no changes:

Ysgrifennodd Matthias Clasen:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Thomas Thurman <tthurman gnome org> wrote:
> > If we remove the lines
> >  [Window Manager]
> >  SessionManaged=true
> > and make a new release of 2.23.x, will that be sufficient?
> Sure, that would make the desktop file valid.

Here it is:

-----------------

2.23.377
========

Entirely a bugfix release.  Thanks to Thomas Thurman for improvements
in this version.

  - Removed invalid "Window Manager" group at request of Matthias Clasen.

Translations
  Clytie Siddall (vi)

http://download.gnome.org/sources/metacity/2.23/
754d79c49febb34bceda58dfaee138b0  metacity-2.23.377.tar.bz2
37454ec303358eea885d4aff34f6a243  metacity-2.23.377.tar.gz

-----------------

> I looked through suspicious pieces of code (control-center,
> gnome-session), but couldn't find any use of the group "Window
> Manager". Might be worthwhile to do some more code archeology to find
> out where this was (or still is) used.

I suspect, since the group was added back in 2002, that it was a very,
very ancient version of gnome-session that needed it.  In any case, any
code which DOES exist and needs this group will have been broken by the
move anyway!

Peace,

Thomas

--
Thomas Thurman, tthurman at gnome, http://blogs.gnome.org/tthurman
Some worn-out batteries have been discarded nearby.