Announcing Orca v2.21.92

Hi All:

We're down to the wire for GNOME 2.22.0. One week to hard code freeze! Wow! The Orca team has been busy focusing on high visibility bugs for the GNOME 2.21.92 release, and many thanks go out to our users who have been reporting bugs and testing patches with us every step of the way. "Jon Orcauser" has been at it again for this release -- woo hoo!

Note that I could also write tomes about the dedication and drive shown by all the individuals of the Orca team, and I wouldn't find any of it boring. I definitely plan on writing something up for the 2.22.0 release - the team has just been outstanding.

===============
* What is Orca?
===============

Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.

The Orca v2.21.92 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.21.92 development release and requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME v2.21.92, including atk and gail.

You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.

===================================
* What's changed for Orca v2.21.92?
===================================

2.21.92 - 25-Feb-2008

General:

* Fix for bug #419136 - Planner toggle button in main window not
  accessible

* Fix for bug #486897 - Where Am I doesn't present row/column headers

* Fix for bug #513238 - Flat review is broken in Evolution

* Fix for bug #516321 - Caps lock not correctly reporting the state
  when toggled

* Workaround for bug #517026 - crash in Open Folder: Deleting the last
  file in a directory

OOo:

* Fix for bug #515651 - Navigation of cells in oocalc now says "not
  selected"

Firefox:

* Fix for bug #508163 - Orca tends to be slow in the vicinity of combo
  boxes in Firefox

* Fix for bug #511885 - Support relevant and channel live region
  properties

* Fix for bug #512261 - We should implement better support for the FF
  A11y extension

* Fix for bug #515263 - ARIA tooltips should respect presentToolTips
  setting

* Fix for bug #512503 - Remove "object:visible-data-changed" listener
  from Gecko.py

* Fix for bug #515571 - FF3 form field structural navigation should
  handle form fields that are not in forms

* Fix for bug #516121 - Orca stalls on barackobama.com when navigating
  by heading in FF3

* Fix for bug #516174 - FF line navigation needs to be more
  accurate. (We know these aren't all the issues, but hopefully this
  fix will resolve many of them.)

* Fix for bug #517521 - Gecko.py is throwing exception in onCaretMoved

* Fix for bug #517336 - Spaces interfere with Orca's ability to get
  the line contents

* Fix for bug #517371 - Orca gets stuck when browsing humanware.ca in
  FF3

* Fix for bug #517716 - Live regions being output on listitem changes
  for Bugzilla

* Fix for bug #517752 - (ff3) more orca+left/right inconsistency

* Fix for bug #518502 - Orca doesn't always speak wrapping
  announcement for link structural nav in FF3

New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):

    de      German               Jochen Skulj
    es      Spanish              Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez
    fi      Finnish              Ilkka Tuohela
    fr      French               Robert-André Mauchin and Claude Paroz
    hu      Hungarian            Attila Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
    kn      Kannada              Shankar Prasad and Runa Bhattacharjee
    mk      Macedonian           Jovan Naumovski
    nb      Norwegian Bokmål     Kjartan Maraas
    ne      Nepali               Pawan Chitrakar
    nl      Dutch                Vincent van Adrighem
    pt      Portuguese           Duarte Loreto
    ru      Russian              Nickolay V. Shmyrev
    th      Thai                 Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
    vi      Vietnamese           Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy
    zh_HK   Traditional Chinese  Chao-Hsiung Liao
    zh_TW   Traditional Chinese  Chao-Hsiung Liao

* Where can I get it ?

You can obtain Orca v2.21.92 in source code form at the following:

http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.21/orca-2.21.92.tar.gz
http://download.gnome.org/sources/orca/2.21/orca-2.21.92.tar.bz2

Enjoy!

The Orca Team