GDM2 2.19.2 (unstable), the "Yet Another Xian" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.19.2 (unstable), the "Yet Another Xian" Release
- Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:37:15 +0800
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.19.2 release is an unstable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- The location of the .gdm_socket file has been moved from /tmp to
/var/run. This interface change has been coordinated with
gnome-session, gnome-panel, and the Fast-User-Switch Applet (FUSA).
This is a more sensible place for GDM to store its sockets file.
- Now GDM desktop files are installed to /usr/share/gdm/applications and
GDM appends this directory to XDG_DATA_DIR. This way GDM programs
only show up in the menus if GDM is actually being used as the login
program. This prevents the menu items from showing up if the user
switches to another login program. (Brian Cameron)
- The greeter programs no longer accept the Tab key as Enter so that now
the GUI's are now more navigable for a11y users. (Patrick Wade)
New features, improvements, and bug fixes:
- Now support Linux auditing if configure detects libaudit on the
system. See enhancement request #349835. (Ray Strode)
- Now GDM greeters only display languages that are installed on the
system. (Ray Strode)
- The Face Browser now prunes out users if their shell is /sbin/nologin,
/bin/true, or /bin/false. (Ray Strode)
- Improve custom command logic so that you can specify a widget in the
gdmgreeter theme with the following sort of tag:
<show modes="console" type=custom_cmdX/>. (Lukasz Zalewski)
- Now the greeter invisible character is set explicitely to '*' if
the configuration file doesn't specify to use invisible or circles.
- GDM documention make logic has been updated so it works better and we
now generate documentation for more languages. Now mdash and percnt
entities have definitions so they no longer generate warnings.
- Translation updates (Djihed Afifi, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan,
Priit Laes, David Lodge, Kjartan Maraas, Christophe Merlet,
Daniel Nylander, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, St\303\251phane Raimbault,
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron
now currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.18/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.19/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
] [Thread Prev