GDM2 2.17.6 (unstable), the "Great Wall" Release
- From: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, gdm-list gnome org
- Subject: GDM2 2.17.6 (unstable), the "Great Wall" Release
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:50:53 +0800
(If you have no clue what gdm is, skip a few paragraphs down first)
The 2.17.6 release is an unstable release of GDM with the following
- More verbose error messages from GDM daemon and gdmsetup when
custom.config file is missing. Now GDM will not start gdmsetup if the
custom.config file is missing, but instead display a pop-up dialog
with an error message. (Lucasz Zalewski)
- Remove redundant GenericName from gdmsetup.desktop. (Brian Cameron)
- Fixes so code compiles with c99 compilers. (Jens Granseuer)
- Translation updates (Djihed Afifi, Clytie Siddall)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl, and Brian Cameron
currently shares maintainership duties with the Queen of England.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.16/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.17/
No RPM this time around BTW. Have fun. A spec file is included though,
so you can try:
rpmbuild -ta gdm-whatever.tar.gz
] [Thread Prev