GNOME Power Manager 2.17.1

GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the
power on your laptop or desktop system.

This _unstable_ release contains lots of new features since 2.16.0 was released.
2.16.1 will be released in the next couple of weeks as a bugfix to 2.16.0

==============
Version 2.17.1
==============

Released September 18, 2006

General

 - Add processor frequency scaling support. Requires HAL 0.5.8.
 - Create a new class to handle a managed proxy, i.e. a DBusGProxy that
   automatically does sane things with bus disconnects, or service restarts.
 - Add libguniqueapp shared library support. This is optional.
 - Update yelp images to reflect 2-16 and generally pretify the help xml.
 - Add in the debug option so we can easier debug g-p-m. Now adding the
   options --debug=power --debug=manager will only display the gpm-power
   and gpm-manager debug output.
 - Move to power measurement in percentages in the spec to better suit low
   power laptops and OLPC.
 - Allow power users to turn off the disconnect and reconnection feature of
   NetworkManager on sleep and resume using gconf.
   (Khashayar Naderehvandi) #353431
 - Add /apps/gnome-power-manager/session_request_save so distros like
   Ubuntu can just switch a gconf key rather than patch the source.
 - Start to implement org.gnome.PowerManager.Statistics for the
   out-of-process graphing interface. It actually doesn't do much yet.
 - Use DPMS_METHOD_OFF when we specify "default" for the DPMS action when on
   laptop hardware. Suspending the screen keeps the backlight on. #354726

Power Manager

 - Fix a couple of small memory leaks where we don't free the icon name.
 - Don't rescan buttons every minute. This task belongs in HAL. #356170
 - Remove eggtrayicon support. This means we depend on GTK+ 2.10. #356150
 - Fix hotplug add and remove of wireless mice.
 - Don't express the decimal point for the / 7 csr scale
 - Remove the broken battery FIXME. It's breaking more laptops that it was
   intended to fix and also breaks my old iBook. #334212
 - Fix some small memory leaks. (Paolo Borelli). #352858.

Power Preferences

 - Update the UI to be task-centric, rather than state centric. This is
   required now the preferences tool is starting to become a bit cleverer.
 - Add elements in the UI to prevent g-p-m from modifying the brightness
   on AC state change. Also add in the UI for the keyboard light sensor
   but disable it for now. #356085
 - Make sure that session connection is not NULL at startup. #353769.

Translators

 - Adam Weinberger (en_CA)
 - Ani Peter (ml)
 - Ankit Patel (gu)