GNOME Power Manager 2.17.3
- From: Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com>
- To: GNOME-Announce List <gnome-announce-list gnome org>
- Cc: GnomePowerManager List <gnome-power-manager-list gnome org>
- Subject: GNOME Power Manager 2.17.3
- Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 01:41:35 +0000
GNOME Power Manager is a session daemon that makes it easy to manage the
power on your laptop or desktop system.
This _unstable_ release contains lots of new features since 2.17.2 was
Released December 04, 2006
- Add the initial versions of the inhibit and brightness applets.
- Update the window title to be Power History rather than Power Graphs to
match the drop down menu. #364200
- Only allocate a buffer once, globally. #363991 (Stu Hood)
- Fix several build errors on Solaris. #364621 (Harry Lu)
- Lots of code structure changes, so now task-gobjects are now responsible
for applying policy. Actions are now mostly asyncronous and modular.
Code is now easier to understand IMO, and has a better structure.
- Add really basic support for sounds when critical events happen, for
instance if suspend fails and the lid is shut. Prevents melting.
This uses gst-launch to use gstreamer. Add some sample sounds done by me.
- Convert multi-instance code from libguniqueapp to GtkUnique.
- Add gnome-keyring functionality to lock keyrings when sleeping. #375681
- Use GtkUnique rather than libguniqueapp. Optional but recommended dep.
- Add proper support for detecting broken batteries with UI to ignore
and visit the vendor page. Requires a new hal-info to work.
- Add code to detect when we didn't quite make it back from resume.
This functionality requires a patch to HAL to work. (David Zeuthen)
- Add charging flash to match the other charging icons. #364574
- Don't do *any* action until the battery data is marked as valid. (Stu Hood)
- Fix an infrequent odd crash when we are suspending. (Pascal Terjan)
- Sanity check the rate and time values in case the hardware really goes
screwy for a few seconds, and gets the values wrong.
- Set the libnotify window to NULL after we unref it, which will probably fix
the crash in #365279
- Only add and remove batteries if sane. This uses a hashtable to keep
track of what batteries we are watching and should fix #369488.
- When we add a DPMS state throttle, remove the last one if set.
This fixes the bug where the screensaver would not show if
DPMS had been allowed to activate. Fixes #355279.
- Fix the bug that was causing the battery items to show on some desktops.
- Fix a race where percentage_charge can be momentarily zero at startup.
This fixes an incorrect 'fully charged' notification on startup.
- Instead of showing "missing" as the catchall, show "discharging".
#364450. (Stu Hood)
- Calculate the smoothed rate from device caches, instead of devices.
#361583. (Stu Hood)
- Change the checkbox to "Dim the display when the computer is idle" #363765
- Josep Puigdemont i Casamaj�a)
- Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es)
- Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (th)
- Ivar Smolin (et)
- Satoru SATOH (ja)
- Kjartan Maraas (nb)
- Daniel Nylander (sv)
] [Thread Prev