ANNOUNCE: Guikachu 0.2 "geoff"
- From: ERDI Gergo <cactus cactus rulez org>
- To: gnome-announce-list gnome org, linux-announce NEWS ORNL GOV
- Cc: Linux-lista <linux mlf linux rulez org>
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: Guikachu 0.2 "geoff"
- Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 15:19:52 +0100 (CET)
Dear users of both large and small computing tools,
A brand new week, with a brand new Guikachu! It can't get any better can
Guikachu is a GNOME application for graphical editing of resource
files for PalmOS-based pocket computers (get it?).
Catch it all from http://cactus.rulez.org/projects/guikachu/
This is your typical `release often' release: I've checked some of the
todo items, and decided to create a new release. At this rate, no more
than 241679762 releases will be needed before 1.0.
* Per-application resources (e.g. version number, vendor ID)
(double-click on the root tree item in the main window)
* `Help' attribute of dialog resources (properly linked to the
string resource it references)
About the release name:
I was looking for code name ideas, and asked around on
#linux.hu, when a fellow iRCer solved my problem:
<geoff> Cactus why not "geoff"?
Indeed. Why not?
Guikachu uses GTK-- and GNOME-- for its user interface. File I/O is
implemented with the libxml package. Dialog windows are loaded via
libglade. You will need the versions of these packages available in
the GNOME 1.4 bundle.
To actually create the PalmOS resource files, you will also need PilRC
(part of the GNU PalmOS SDK) to compile the .rpc files produced by
Beware of bugémons!
.--= ULLA! =----------------------------. finger cactus cactus rulez org
\ http://cactus.rulez.org \ for PGP public key
`----------= cactus cactus rulez org =--'
F U CN RD THS U CNT SPL WRTH A DM!
] [Thread Prev