ANNOUNCE: gnome-find v0.4 released
- From: Andy Kahn <ackahn netapp com>
- To: gnome-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: ANNOUNCE: gnome-find v0.4 released
- Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 18:11:37 -0700
gnome-find v0.4 has been released.
gnome-find is an easy-to-use, but powerful, graphical version of the
GNU "find" utility.
It is not just a front-end which forks and execs "find", nor is it a
utility that reinvents the wheel by rewriting the "find" utility
itself. Instead, the original source code to the GNU "find" utility
(findutils-4.1) was used, and a GUI component integrated into it.
The major highlights of this release include:
- A minor bug fix.
- German and Korean translations
- Implemented remaining advanced search options/tests (-mode, -user,
-group, -uid, -gid, -nouser, -nogroup, -size, -type, -xtype, -empty,
- A complete preferences system to change settings for all toolbar
styles; saving/restoring window sizes; and file operation commands
to execute from the results window.
- Implemented file operation commands executed from the results window
(e.g., open, delete, copy, print, execute).
A much more complete list of items to be completed can be found in the
TODO file, included in the source distribution.
You can download this release at:
gnome-find's homepage can be found at:
If you would like to help with development, please take a look at the
aforementioned TODO file, and send me email if you are interested.
] [Thread Prev