Gdk-pixbuf 0.3 is released
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico redhat com>
- To: gnome-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: Gdk-pixbuf 0.3 is released
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 18:46:17 -0400
Dear highly evolved primates,
Version 0.3 of the Gdk-pixbuf library has just been released. This
includes some very important changes, mainly API renaming and a new
way to create images from user-supplied data buffers.
- Added a libtool version number to the library.
- Changed the API function and structure names to something
more consistent with the rest of GTK+ and GNOME.
- Removed the saving interfaces, since it is very hard to
support the saving idiosyncrasies of every file format.
- Correctness and robustness fixes for the loaders.
- Fixed memory management with respect to user-supplied
buffers. Now the user has to supply a libart destroy
notification function for when a pixbuf's reference count
drops to zero.
- Added inline documentation comments for exported functions.
The DocBook documentation framework is still missing.
- Fixed the macros and autogen situation.
This is very likely the version that will be folded into the
development branch of gnome-libs.
Please remember that gdk-pixbuf is still in development and the API is
not frozen. You should not make production code depend on this.
] [Thread Prev